MORE POETRY

I was going back over some old journals, and I uncovered something my sister wrote to me a number of years ago. Basically, it was a quote from a book explaining how girls tend to just throw their hearts at men, rather than keep them close and hand them over when the timing is right. The quote was germane at the time ... taken out of context now, it seems slightly random. However, rereading the quote got me thinking, and before I knew what was happening, a poem started spilling out. Here it is ...

A HEART UNWRAPPED

Layers
Protected and insulated
Beating
Alive with hopes and fears,
dreams and desires
Pulsing soul,
Hanging in delicate balance somewhere
between absolute love and complete despair
My heart -- please be careful with it
A gift given only to the one most deserving of it



Comments

Popular Posts