DATING INTERVENTION

A while back, Carrie declared a DATING INTERVENTION on my life.

In her words, I needed to get my backside (I believe the term she used was a bit more, how should I put this, ummm, blunt, shall we say?) out into the dating scene. "Now is your time, Murray! Get out there! Live a little! Have fun! Enjoy it!"

I don't get out past the walls of the school or my townhouse very often, and so, to avoid the speed dating and blind dates and black and white glossies pasted on every bathroom stall between Michigan and Florida (oh yes she would), I've found an avenue that allows me to "GET OUT THERE," as Carrie has put it, without compromising my virtue by, say, hanging out on street corners, hollering "Twenty dollar! Twenty dollar!"

The other day, I had to introduce myself to a certain gentleman that I've found particularly interesting. This interest DOES NOT, in any way, stem from anything he's written me, because, quite frankly, the man is a man of FEW WORDS. This would seem counter-intuitive coming from someone that has way too many words and uses them ALL THE TIME! However, I pressed on and decided to just be me ...

Just being me translates into an all out, gab-fest of words rolled into crazy, insane quirky humor (sic) the poor man got a rambling diatribe from me. This surprises absolutely no one that knows me well!

I got in return?

After a day of what I can only assume was heavy contemplation, I got one sentence. This is, after all, how guys work. All my friends' husband have confirmed this tonight. Because, all my friends are just like me! I know this ... soooooo .....the score here? Megan zero, in case you were wondering!

Now, Carrie and I had quite a laugh this evening. I called upon her to help me with the next reply, because, honestly, I suck at this stuff ... and boys are a puzzlement to me. This would explain so much, but especially, it would explain why I'm still single.

Carrie and I are both teachers at heart ... we had to do a PRE-WRITE -- make a list of all the things I should reply ... then we had to create a DRAFT, and boy did I! It is filled with my home-grown humor, and it attempts to apologize for the cheesy corn-ball drivel that was my introduction to the poor man.

Carrie suggested I put options out there for the blogosphere to vote on. But I don't know. I'm having too much fun trying to excuse my lack of common sense where the opposite sex is concerned.

Perhaps my dear friends will provide their own set of excuses for Megan ... like ... "You'll have to excuse her, ____________. I've known her for a long time, and I'm telling you, her mouth runs itself!"

Or ...

"Megan's pretty quiet ... when she's asleep."

I guess the point is, I'm having fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LMAO...we love you Megan!! Can't wait to read the drafts! XOXO
Shanny
Anonymous said…
I'm not even too sure that you are quiet when you sleep....hmmm...

Love all the fun though! Keep enjoying it!

Erin
Elly Gilbert said…
Twenty dollar? Girl, there is inflation to consider.

Popular Posts