LIKE A LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER

I'm afraid of heights.

This is a somewhat new development in the QUIRKS THAT BELONG TO MEGAN.

So, the thought of careening down an ice-covered hill -- smallish mountain, more like it -- at speeds that cause the G forces to push your cheeks to the back of your head, well, let's just say it wasn't top on my list. However, it was my birthday, and I've spent a good deal of time shying away from things I don't want to do because of fear. So, when my principal suggested snow tubing as a staff outing, I decided to go for it.
"If I'm going to die," I mused, "it'd be nice to do it on my birthday ... just like I came into the world, screaming my head off!"

After a perfectly wonderful few hours at the Gap Outlet -- where I walked away with three pairs of khakis, a pair of jeans, a cute little sweater, and a $0.49 stocking cap, all under $40, I was drug to Perfect North (www.perfectnorth.com), in Lawrenceburg, IN ... not to be confused with Lawrenceburg, KY!

It was there I visualized my death in excruciating detail, complete with blood and guts mingled with a trail of mangled pieces of snow tube. Erin, my supposed friend, told me to follow her, and like a lamb being led to slaughter, I followed her and the rest of the group, all smiling slyly, up the people mover to the world's LARGEST hill ever ... Albionites, Victory Park Hill is a veritable speed bump, that's how high this death trap was!

I got to the top, said more than a few prayers, and prepared to meet my maker.

I screamed like a girl the entire way down, practically messing my drawers in mid-fly, before finally skidding to a stop at the giant bean bags that keep one from zooming to their untimely demise in the rubber death saucers.

The best adrenaline rush I've had in a good long while, save for the trip to Michigan when an Indiana State Trooper pulled me over!

And here's proof that I was there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah Megan!!!
Anonymous said…
What a way to spend your birthday! Glad you had fun.
~Denise

Popular Posts