WHO DIED AND LEFT YOU IN CHARGE OF "COOL?"

As I stare my 37th birthday in the face, I can't help but to throw an age-old question out there to the cosmos ...

WHEN DID I CEASE BEING COOL?

I look in the mirror and appear to be cool ... okay, mildly cool. More like a luke-warm cool.

I have hip clothing ... okay, a hip-like wardrobe, which I suppose is a step up from the broken hip wardrobe, but I digress.

I want to know why, when I say to one of my fourth graders today, and I quote, "Yo! Thompson*! Dude, zip it," they are all reduced to a fit of giggles (do fourth grade boys giggle? not sure ...), and then they commence to rolling their eyes.

I mean, these are the same children that pick their nose AND EAT IT in mixed company ... DURING LUNCH! When did they become the graders of COOL?

They like the Jonas Brothers, for heaven sake! And they wear clothing that has a ridiculous monkey on it that every refers to as Bobby Jack, but no one can explain why? Who deemed it necessary for each and every one of them to be granted a HIPNESS CARD?

As far as I'm concerned, 37 is the new, hip AND cool 25 ... and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I roll.

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
I will tell you once again, YOU are the coolest person I know. Just ask Joni, that's how I described you just yesterday!
Megan said…
Thank you, Elly! I'm feeling MUCH better now. Hugs and Kisses!!!
Organic Meatbag said…
I turn 35 on Monday, and I can tell you that people in our age range are the cool cats...girls shouldn't like pukes like the Jonas Brothers, much less a bunch of powder-puff boys...
Anonymous said…
OMG!!!!!! If you are not cool then I am doomed to the next step called the "nursing home". I STILL tell people that I can "blend". And by God....I am going to stick to that. 47 goijng on 48 is not old....It is the best of being COOL!!!

~2-E
Anonymous said…
There's no doubt you're cool Meg! This has always been the case. Just look at the birthday card I send you!
~Denise

Popular Posts