FLUNKING THEM ALL!

For the past two years, I have run a contest in my classroom called GUESS MISS MURRAY'S AGE! For the entire month of February leading up to my birthday, they are allowed to make as many guesses as they can as to my true age.

My group last year was very complimentary ... loads and loads of twenty-something guesses. Love those kids!

This group of jokers are somewhat more savvy ... perhaps it's the crow's feet starting to show ... or those crazy gray hairs that keep popping up. They've done everything they could to pry my birthday year out of me, but I've kept mum.

I suppose I've solicited this fourth grade nastiness by leaving them to their own devices. I mean, the eat their own boogers, for heavens sake, and they consider them part of the major food groups! I mean, I should be prepared for the 55 guesses, or the darling child that said A BILLION.

Yeah, I love them, but I'm flunking every last one of them that guessed 49, 50, 52, or higher! Every last one of them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Megan,
That is ridiculous!!!!!!!! You hardly look over 30, and I am not just saying that. I had kids guess I was 50, 5 years ago...they are clueless, they eat boogers, don't take it personally.

PS. You card is in the mail but it will be late, shocker it is from me. =)
Smooches
Shannny

Popular Posts