OUR MOTHERS WOULD BE SO PROUD

Erin and I landed at a youth literature conference last night in Lexington. It's an annual thing, and we're going to be there this morning as well.

We've come to realize that we grew with mothers that were almost exactly the same woman. So, when Erin complimented me on the fact that I was using the proper utensils for picking up the mini desserts at the dessert reception last night as well as using a fork to eat them, I thanked her and said, "Jan Murray would be so pleased. I'm making her proud."

It was sometime after that comment and when Erin dumped half the contents of your fruit custard tart on the Griffin Gate's carpeted lobby, that I flung my fork half away across the room, and said, "Oops! Jan Murray wouldn't be so proud of that one!"

It went downhill from there when I pilfered a diet Mountain Dew from the table reserved for the reservation volunteers and squealed with delight during a drive by dessert grab and go, "OH! They didn't have these at our table!"

Yeah, we're pretty sure our mothers wouldn't be proud of that at all.

In fact, I'm relatively certain my mother's eyes have just rolled to the back of her head as she moans, "For heaven's sake, I thought I taught her better than this!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
No comment !

Popular Posts