FOURTH GRADERS KNOW HOW TO BUILD UP ONE'S SELF ESTEEM

Today, our 5th and 6th grade science teacher announced a recycling competition that will run from now until Earth Day, next Wednesday. Whichever homeroom can recycle the most pounds of recyclable stuff wins a pizza party for the class!

Please remember that I have the Phantom Cupcake Licker amongst the hungry throngs I teach. This sort of thing is right up their alley!

During indoor recess (because it was yet again rainy and gross out), I decided to continue with OPERATION ORGANIZE THE MESS, and I had kids help me recycle a bunch of old papers I'd been hanging onto and am now purging from my file cabinets (it's at this point Carrie is thinking, "Wait a second! I made her pitch all that crap before she moved down there! WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?" Yes, Carrie, I've accumulated more. I'm sorry, did you forget who you were friends with????).

David*, one of my helpers, announces loudly, between trips to the recycling bin, "Boy Miss Murray! It's just a good thing you don't keep this place clean! We could actually win this competition."


*Names have been changed to protect those little demons that remind me everyday there isn't any such thing as perfect, least of all me!

Comments

Mom said…
There is just no comment that can be made! My, my, my. Out of the mouths of babes.
Megan said…
I know! Right? Little snot! :)

Popular Posts