I DID KICK ASPHALT!!!

Chip time: 3:52:52
Finish line time: 4:01:05

I SURVIVED MY FIRST MINI MARATHON!!!!!

Can I tell you how happy I am? Extremely happy!! I was so pumped yesterday when we piled out of the car at 5:45 a.m. at the Galt House and headed toward the lines to the shuttle buses. Amazingly, all of us from our district, with the exception of six, end up parking in exactly the same location and boarding the exact same shuttle bus! It was so cool to see our superintendent of schools along with our principal and a host of others, come together, wish each other luck and good runs and walks, and hit the pavement for a cause ... that of health ... all of us wearing our WE KICK ASPHALT tees.

The sea of humanity that you saw at the start ... I was maybe a mile away from the start line, that's how many people were there! A sea of humanity ... that's what I kept calling it ... it was amazing, mind-boggling.

I'm not going to say that I was strong-willed all the way through the mini. My team mate, Ann, would tell you that I started whining at about mile 9. They're right when people say that it's all in your head. If you're going to take on something like this, you've got to be mentally up for it! It's a head game .... man, was it ever!

When I crossed the finish line, I got emotional ... emotional because I'd done it ... emotional because I couldn't believe I'd done it ... emotional because I'm sure there was a lack of oxygen to the brain!

Today, I am tired ... sore (oh so very sore), but so proud of myself! I set out to accomplish a goal, and I did it.

I KICKED ASPHALT!

Comments

Popular Posts