IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, LADY!

I've been in a mood. Not necessarily a bad mood, but necessarily a good, cheery mood. I suppose I'm just easily annoyed these days.

Yesterday, I was in Old Navy, and it was a slow morning because it was a Wednesday, and the only people in Oxmoor were moms with strollers or retired folks with grandkids. So, Nosy Old Navy clerk followed Erin and I around the entire store, and she must have asked us five times if we were doing all right.

Now, honestly, I can't stand when clerks do this! I will tell you when I'm not doing all right, okay? When I say I'm fine, I'm F.I.N.E. Go straighten a shelf or something and leave me alone.

Erin and I were looking at dresses, and I found a particularly ugly one mixed in with all of the pretty ones. It just so happened that it was this clerk's twelve millionth time circling like a vulture around us.

"Erin! Look at this!" I hold up the offending dress. "This looks like the exact same thing my grandmother wore to bed! YUCK!"

Nosy Clerk wheels in toward us, gets her hackles up, and says to me, snottily, "Well! It's a very popular dress."

She doesn't know how close she came to me retorting, "Then everyone wearing it looks like my Grandmother Murray on her way to bed!"

Comments

Popular Posts