BROKEN AND BRUISED

I have a nasty habit of putting things that need to be thrown away back into my closets and drawers, forgetting they are there, and then pulling them out again, and being all, "OH WOW! I forgot I had this. Wonder why I haven't worn it in so long!"

Thus was the case with a certain pair of black flip flops that I found in the back of my closet this morning. I couldn't figure out why they weren't with the rest of my flip flops.

It came to me soon enough!

Fast-forward to me walking across my kitchen (I say that like it's some great expanse of space ... it's not!) to fill Emmy's water dish with fresh water. She either splashed some water on the floor or I did. Either way, I didn't know it was there until my left flip flop hit it, and I went crashing to the floor.

I twisted my left foot, mashed my right knee into the floor, smacked both palms of my hands against the linoleum, jarred my back, and this is where it gets really sad, I shattered my plastic Ed Debevic's cup that I got almost 20 years ago on my Senior Trip to Chicago.

Plastic shatters, folks, and I thought I was going to cry picking up all the pieces and placing them carefully next to the stupid flips flops with absolutely no tread left on their bottoms, on the top of the garbage pile!

I feel like I've been in a car accident, but that poor cup ... it was a practically a collector's item! A piece of history gone ...

Comments

Organic Meatbag said…
Wow, that sucks...I have taken some nasty spills in my kitchen too...

Popular Posts