NO SHE DID NOT

My stove died on me last Thursday night .... at 11:00 p.m. ... give or take an hour. Big surprise, I'd fallen asleep while watching TV.

It was an all weekend ordeal that caused me to lose a day of my life and want to drink heavily, but whatever. The end result is that I got a new stove, and it works like a charm!

Fast-forward to this afternoon, when my cell phone went off during class -- I hate when I don't turn the darn thing down!

The caller left a message, and it's a good thing she didn't actually talk to me, because I think I might have lost my religion on her. It was the property manager of my complex ... calling to make arrangements to get my stove put in!

SERIOUSLY! She thinks I would have gone for a week without a stove!?!?!? She must have fallen and bumped her head if she didn't think I would have raised a big stink over that one ... because ... well, I would have!

I just left a message with their highly effective answering service [read: GIANT WASTE OF MONEY here]. It went something like this:

"Yes, this is Megan Murray. Please tell her that I got a new stove on Saturday."

Wonder if the girl taking the message will add ... "and she was soooo dripping with sarcasm, I had to dry off when I hung the phone up." ... probably not. There's really something to be said for that human contact ....

Comments

Popular Posts