WEEKEND MUSINGS

  • Got to hang out, at the hospital, with friends for a little bit, celebrating the birth of their third child. He's beautiful! I'm always amazed at the miracle of new life. It never ceases to absolutely blows me away.
  • It smells AND sounds like fall already, and it's only August 2nd! I think what may be messing with my mind is the fact that tomorrow is the first day of school!
  • My life is ruled by firsts .... first day of school, first day of summer, first day of the holiday season, first day of Christmas Break, first day of Spring Break .... So, I'm looking at tomorrow as another first ... the first day of me getting back on track! It's mind-boggling how a person can get so off-track so quickly. So here's to getting back on track and getting it done! It's the first day of the rest of my healthy, on-track life! YAY FOR ME!!!
  • My brain hasn't yet comprehended that tomorrow morning, it, and the rest of me, must get up at 5 a.m. -ish. Ugh ... I can already feel the muscle-draining dread.
  • It's been a beautiful weekend, and for some reason, because of the gorgeousness of today, especially, my mind has wandered numerous times to Lake Michigan, and Up North, and Carp Lake, and grandpa and grandma's cottage ... and I've been a little homesick for the Lake.
  • My outfits for the next week are already! I can't believe how on top of things I appear to be! Now, if I can get tomorrow's lunch packed in the next few hours, I will be totally prepared! Gold stars for me.

Comments

Popular Posts