LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS ... OH MY!

The entire 4th grade is heading to the Salato Center on Thursday for our first field trip of the year. We are all excited, yours truly included, and I HATE field trips. They are always so stressful! But I'm a science geek, and this sounds like it's going to be loads of fun.

We've been studying living organisms and the classification system for animals. So, we thought it would be fun to visit our state facility for studying wildlife. We're going to see a reptile presentation, with real, live reptiles, and then we'll be taking part in a presentation by the state bear biologist.

The other day, I might have mentioned in front of my students that I would hold a snake, if given the opportunity. Now my kids are asking me to pet and touch other things ... like bear and lions and tigers (the last two are NOT native to Kentucky, by the way), and now, I'm beginning to question their motives ...

I think it's a plot to remove me from their midst ... before the homework gets too difficult.

Comments

Popular Posts