LEAPFROG'S EDUCATIONAL CAPACITIES

I had dinner at Erin and Joe's last night. Erin showed me a toy that Ben had received recently. It's really cool ... some sort of A to Z LeapFrog deal. You press a letter, and it gives you the letter sound. Erin usually spells things out like, B-E-N, or C-A-T, you know the drill. As teachers, we think this toy is WAAAAAY cool, because it helps kids see the relationship between letters and their sounds way before they get into school.

"Joe found out that if you type out cuss words, the toy says, 'That tickles'!"

I just looked at Joe.

"I leave him home alone for five minutes and this is what he comes up with!"

Joe just shrugs.

Erin proceeds to hit the F, then the U, and when she hit the C, the caterpillar starts giggling and says, "That tickles!"

"Oh my gosh!" I say. "What is wrong with you?"

"Hey!" Joe replies. "Another dad did the same thing, obviously, because they had to program it to do that!"

"Whatever! Leave it to the dads of America to cause the LeapFrog people to have to do that."

Erin and I just shook our heads ....

Comments

Mom said…
Is that sort of like the ad on TV where the Mom is so happy about the bargains she found and the son found out he can make his new math calculators say "boogers" ? !!
Mom said…
oh! and you Dad's comment on my question as to "why would you want to type in a "bad word" -- "just to see what the machine would do"!!
Organic Meatbag said…
Hahahaha...hilarious! Next curse word I hear, I am going to openly exclaim "That tickles!"...hahahaha
Elly Gilbert said…
I like that. We must have the old model cause when I tried that, it just said, "Type in a letter to make a word." No, "That tickles!" Yes, I tried it.
Anonymous said…
That is awesome!!!Love it! ~Shanny
Anonymous said…
That's too funny!!!!!!!

NeeCee

Popular Posts