YEP! I TOTALLY WENT THERE!

Here is a conversation I had with a child yesterday during writing ...

Child: "Miss Murray, I've got a huge, gigantic headache. I just don't think I can do writing today."

I give the kid credit. He really "sicked it up" for me, including a twisted look of pain on his face.

Me: "Oh man! That stinks. I guess you won't be able to participate in gym today then, huh."

Child: "No worries, Miss Murray. We don't have gym." He actually said that with a broad grin on his face!

Me: "Um ... yes we do."

This is where it got humorous for me, as I watched all color drain from his face.

Child: "Well ... but ... I just .... ummm .... "

After tripping all over himself a few more seconds, he trudged back to his seat and got busy with the task of writing.

To borrow an old, 80s TV phrase, I just love it when a plan comes together!

Comments

Micah said…
Love it! Why is it so satisfying sometimes to outwit children? :)

Popular Posts