THIS IS WHY I'M NOT LET OUT IN PUBLIC WHEN I HAVE A HEAD COLD

I went to Walmart yesterday for two very important reasons.

#1 ... I had to get a gift card for a staff member who recently had a baby.

#2 ... I had to get packing tape.

I purchased the packing tape, and something else with cash ... it came to $5.68. The clerk put the receipt in the bag, and the bag went on the top of the turn style.

Then came what I can only describe as the most ridiculous way one could ever pay for a gift card, and what ensued was 10 minutes of sheer and utter torture for the poor clerk dealing with me.

I have this nasty head cold courtesy of all the little germ carriers that have come into my room for the last three weeks. I'm a disaster ... I think my sinuses have lost spots to put all the crap, and so my brain has become the auxiliary holder of all things gross and disgusting. It's the only way I can describe why my brain has refused to function.

So, I took my gift card and left ... called Carrie to wish her a happy birthday ... called Denise to tell her she'd hit the Albion Rumor Mill (she's so proud) ... called my dad to tell him about the "we're going to hold off on taking Ned the Nodule out" news ... went home, had dinner, vegged for a while, went to bed.

Fast-forward to me in the shower when I realized that I NEVER picked up the packing tape, and further more, I couldn't remember WHAT else I'd purchased! I called Walmart and explained my situation. No receipt. No purchases. No money. No idea what those purchases were.

No problem, Manager Kelly said. Just go to the service desk and they'll reimburse you ... at least that's what I think she said. By the time I hit END on my cell phone, the details of the phone conversation with Manger Kelly were a bit fuzzy.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I should not be allowed out in public with a head cold!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You crack me up!!!

Popular Posts