10 RANDOM THINGS

My sister Ann tagged anyone that would play along to write 10 random things about yourself. Well, come on now! I write random crap on this blog all the time. I should certainly be able to write 10 random things about myself, right?

Here goes ...

  1. I don't have an appendix. When I was 7 years old and on vacation with the fam, I was rushed to the Cheboygan Hospital (in northern Michigan) for an emergency appendectomy. Turns out that I didn't have appendicitis, but since they were in there, they thought, "What the heck! We've got to charge these folks for something." Out came the appendix.
  2. In high school, I pierced ears ... lots of them. I, myself, have two sets of holes in my earlobes, which I still maintain. Boys were the weeniest when it came to the pain ... figures.
  3. In my first apartment, I was convinced someone was getting into my basement at night and sleeping down there. I always heard odd noises down there -- things being moved around, etc. It was pretty scary.
  4. I secretly think that ROB AND BIG is a riot, even though I'm convinced that every time I watch it, I know I'm killing millions of brain cells ... cells I can never get back ... ever.
  5. I earned over 400 demerits in second grade, and I was the QUEEN of writing sentences in Mr. Norris' fifth grade class. I do believe I am part of the reason for his premature graying. I'm pretty sure there are many more educators out there that shudder when my name is uttered out loud.
  6. I'm relatively sure that I broke my tail bone when I was a kid ... running at full speed on a wet, sandy, wooden dock and slipping and slamming squarely on my rear. To this day, I still can't sit on hard surface for very long without my tail bone just killing me.
  7. I was a sleep walker until sometime just before college.
  8. I used to get lost under the covers of bed and then scream bloody murder because I couldn't find my way out!
  9. Somewhere in my linen closet, I still have my BLANKIE, the raggedy, old blanket I slept with until it started disintegrating.
  10. I hate mushrooms ... can't stand the taste ... can't stand the texture.

Comments

Popular Posts