ANOTHER FOURTH GRADE CONVERSATION

"EWWWW! Miss Murray, this nasty Robin's egg shell that I found over there in the sun, it stinks!"

I just rolled my eyes at the kid as he continued to stick the egg, practically, up his nose.

"Oh my gosh! This is disgusting!!! OH!!! It smells awful! It's horrible, Miss Murray! JUST HORRIBLE!!! I'm going to puke!"

"Then stop smelling it!" I say, exasperated. "This isn't rocket science. If something smells rotten, DON'T CONTINUE TO SMELL IT."

"I was just saying ..." he said sheepishly.

"So was I!"


Comments

Anonymous said…
LMAO!! You are too much. I'm just saying.

Ever heard Foxworthy's bit about men and smelling things? You stepped into it!
~Shanny
Christy said…
I think one of your 4th graders brought me that robin's egg in a baggie. Lovely gift! It is on my bulletin board now. One of the perks of being a science teacher. You get all sorts of bones, skins, etc. that the kids find on the ground.
Megan said…
Yes, Christy, I gave my blessing to that one! :) Sorry ... I'd already seen three of those babies earlier in the week. So, I thought I would share the wealth. :)

Popular Posts