AGAIN, I SAY, SIGN ME UP!

"Can you see this?"

I look up to see Erin standing in my classroom, legs spread apart, and showing me a wet spot between her legs.

It was 7:00 a.m. The coffee hadn't fully saturated my synapses. I'm not exactly sure what I was supposed to be looking at, but here was a pregnant woman, standing there, asking me to look at her ... well, her ... you know.

"Yes, I can see a wet spot."

"I sneezed, and well, this is what happened. I peed on myself."

Okay, I couldn't help it. I laughed ... out loud. I'm sorry. It was funny, and in Erin's defense, she was laughing too.

"This is what happens when you get pregnant," Erin said, sadly.

"Well," I countered. "I guess you could always look for an automatic dryer to stand in front of. Next time, I'd pack extra clothes, just in case."

I mean, come on, people. This is birth control for me! Who wants to sneeze and wet oneself? I don't!

Of course, my mother informs me that "you haven't really lived until the kid kicks your bladder, and you don't just wet yourself. You all out DRENCH yourself."

I'm sorry. How does that make pregnancy more appealing? Please explain that to me.

Or what about Carrie's little tidbit of information?

"That last month I was sick as a dog, just like the morning sickness in the beginning. This one morning, I was just about to walk through the door when it hit me ... I was going to be sick. So, I ran to the kitchen sink and proceed to throw up in it ... AND pee my pants all at the same time."

Yeah, sign me up, because that sounds like soooo much fun!

Comments

I love this rendition of the story. What's funny is how many other women sympathize with the peeing in your pants. THanks for being there for me Megan!
Elly Gilbert said…
Oh, and don't forget about the hemorrhoids, saggy boobs, stretch marks, excess skin, and post-partum depression. You know you are making an appointment at the fertility clinic RIGHT NOW.

Okay, maybe it isn't soooo bad. I do have three very cute children to show for all those battle scars.

Popular Posts