WHAT DO THEY TALK ABOUT?

I discovered something very interesting on my way home from work today. It has me wondering ... pondering ... frankly, it has me puzzled.

As I was sitting at another endless stop light, I noticed two men sitting in a work van right behind me. We all sat at this intersection, waiting for the light to change, for what seemed like a hundred years. Not once, not in all that time, did those two guys ever once say a word to each other ... not once. E.V.E.R.

Carrie and I just spent an entire weekend together, and I don't recall one time when we WEREN'T talking while we were in the car, and we were in the car a lot!

This is not the first time I've observed this among mobile men. You can stuff a whole wad of them into a vehicle, and they will not have uttered six words among them the length of their trip. What do they do in the car when it is silent? I don't get it.

We are all sales and co-workers and stupid drivers and spouses and significant others and dinner the other night and kids and clothes and weight and hair and wrinkles and shoes and ... perhaps we stop to take a breath every quarter hour.

How can you possibly ever attempt to solve world peace if you don't TALK while you are in the car?

I just don't understand it ...

Comments

Popular Posts