TEACHERS GONE WILD -- NEW SHOES FOR THE HORSES!

Sunday, I took Carrie to Keeneland, and I drug Erin out with us as well. Joe was "scouting" -- turkey hunting season is just around the corner, don't you know.

We got all gussied up in our best HORSE RACING outfits, and we hit the race track with money to burn. Granted, I didn't have the first clue what I was doing ... neither did Carrie. Erin did her best to school us in proper horse racing betting, and, after the quick tutorial, we all marched up to the betting windows and placed our bets.

"I would like $2 across the board, #3 to win."


Don't I sound legit?

I was ... sort of!

The first race, I won $7, and I was completely excited. However, by the second race, I'd lost it. The third and fourth races, I was a poor sport and refused to bet. But, for our final race, I did put some money down, and won $3.40. It was just enough to cover the tip for dinner.

Carrie figures we spent enough money to put new shoes on one of the horses. So, I guess it all worked out.

It was a gorgeous spring day, and we were looking mighty fine.

I, of course, forgot my camera to capture "Megan's First Horse Wager ... a Step Toward Gamblers Anonymous." But Erin subscribes to the Boy Scout motto, "Always be prepared," and she had her camera in her purse. She got a photo of me at the window. So, whenever she sends it to me, I will be sure to post it. I know you will all want to see that momentous occasion.




Comments

Popular Posts