BRAIN DUMP ... RANDOM RAMBLINGS ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERY THING

For me and for my students, school started yesterday.

With out a doubt, it was the BEST opening day I've ever experienced ... ever! This year will mark my seventh year teaching, and again, I must emphasize that this year was the best, most well-organized start to the academic year I've ever experienced. I'm going to put the majority of the success on the shoulders of our new principal. He's awesome, and I just love him so far. This is an article that ran in our paper about our district's first day of school and our new administrators. That photo in the article is of our new principal.
http://www.state-journal.com/news/article/4175882

The only downer to my day yesterday was my footwear. I bought these sandals back in April when Carrie was here. I got bad, bad blisters then, but after they healed, my feet were fine. I wore those cute sandals ALL summer long ... walked four blocks in them while going to class in Lexington a couple of days. Fine, completely fine.

Fast-forward to yesterday, blisters! Not just one ... not just on the top of my foot. Nope, numerous blisters ... tops AND bottoms of feet were affected. Oh, my feet hurt so badly. What is up with that!?!?

Today, I spent more money than should be allowed at Office Depot. They were having Teacher Appreciation Day at the store. They had free give aways, free breakfast for us, and lots of discounts. I went before I had my morning coffee. Not recommended. I tried to slide my debit card through a spot that was merely a space in the construction of the machine NOT THE SLIDE SLOT THINGY. Then I couldn't form a complete sentence THE ENTIRE TIME I stood at the counter. Yeah, I was a resounding, ringing example of SUPER TEACHER.

Good grief!

I collapsed on my sofa last night after leaving school, where, due to it being the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, our AC died ... oh, and it was like 98 degrees or something inhumane like that (still doesn't feel like it's been resurrected). When I awoke, two hours later, a magazine was stuck to my leg ... and not just a little bit. I mean, it was REALLY stuck, like, "tore the first layer of skin off" stuck! That is how exhausted I was after school yesterday.

The GRANDE CARAMEL LIGHT FRAPPUCINO I purchased this morning isn't doing it for my yawning. May need to go home and take another nap!

The Lettuce Lady at the Farmers Market said she plans to be selling her AWESOME lettuce until at least Thanksgiving. I was so happy, I almost did the Happy Lettuce Dance right in the middle of the Farmer's Market. She didn't seem all that impressed, but she doesn't realize how much I LOVE her organic lettuce mixes.

Comments

Popular Posts