WHERE IT RAINS SKITTLES ALL DAY LONG

I have made it one of my personal goals NOT to let the small stuff steal my joy this year. To steal a well over-used phrase, my plan is to NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. In fact, I plan to live in "Megan's Perfect World," where butterflies and sunshine live in harmony, and it rains skittles all day long. Doesn't that sound fun? I thought so.

I've not been home since 6 a.m., and as I walk through the door this evening ... at 8:50 p.m., to be exact, and dodge the manic cat running full speed towards me, I see I've got a message on the old answering machine.

So, I happily press PLAY. "Hi, this is Dr. S's office, and we just wanted to let you know that he won't be in on the 11th, the day you scheduled your appointment a month and one week ahead of time. Why it's just occurred to us now to call you, we're not sure. I mean, I know you've already had a sub lined up, and shoot, it is only the second full week of school, a time when your kids are still a bit shaky on rules and procedures, and, in all likelihood, they're going to act like goobers for the sub anyway, but hey. Come on in the following morning. We've got morning appointments."

By the way, having morning appointments isn't a selling point when those that have morning appointments must sit there for an hour and half, attempting to keep the woman that's sitting next to you, hopped on some sort of drug concoction, off of your lap, which is where she leans toward every time her eyelids shut tight.

After I punch erase, I stop, take a deep breath, close my eyes, and pretend to open my mouth wide. I bet I could catch a lot of skittles that way ...


Comments

Micah said…
Good for you, Meg :) Reminds me of "Zen Megan" of yesteryear. I LOVE the mental image of you catching imaginary Skittles in your mouth. I think I might adopt that practice myself.
Megan said…
Oh my gosh! I'd completely forgotten Zen Megan!!! Wow ... how could I have forgotten her?
Anonymous said…
I am cracking up.....when zen megan, skittles do rain, and you stop stressing let me know. =)

Popular Posts