BOOK REVIEW

MISS JULIA SPEAKS HER MIND by Ann B. Ross

I got to meet Ann B. Ross at the 2007 Kentucky Book Fair, and I was able to purchase her first book, Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind and have Ms. Ross sign it. Then I lost mine and stopped reading anything that related to words for grown-ups. So, I took her home to Michigan, and I read her in a day and a half!

Miss Julia is a wonderfully funny southern, genteel lady, and her wit is every thing you'd expect from a North Carolina lady. She rails on her church and its hypocritical ways -- she bucks southern traditionalists, even though she considers herself one.

Is this a life-altering book? Will my views on this world change significantly after reading it?

No, but it's entertaining and funny and enjoyable, and I loved every minute I spent reading it.

At the 2008 Kentucky Book Fair, I was again able to meet Ann B. Ross and have her sign the next two books in the series. I'm planning on spending my day tomorrow digging into book 2.

I recommend the entire series! They sure are fun!

Comments

Popular Posts