IT COULDN'T BE MORE RANDOM

I use cloth napkins.

On the surface, this little tidbit of information has done nothing to help you further this day along any faster. However, there is a point, and I do plan on getting to it shortly.

I use cloth napkins for a simple reason. I can't recycle paper ones, and I feel like I am better off spending money and water resources laundering cloth napkins than I am filling land fills with paper ones.

So there you have it.

I was in Pier 1 Imports the other day, and while I was wandering about, trying desperately to keep all items in front of my face from blurring horribly with the rest of the world due to the now three-day dizzy spell I seem to be suffering from, I happened upon a basket of cloth napkins.

Yes, a completely benign basket of napkins ... until I spied a tag clipped to a certain funky but cool paisley napkin that read $0.58. I brought said napkin up closer to my face, and realized that, yes, this was not a figment of my hazy mind. Rather, those napkins were, in fact, $0.58 a piece!

Well, I speedily dug through the basket until I'd uncovered eight of all the same variety. The grand total, ladies and gentlemen, $4.64. Yes, that is correct. I said, $4.64.

I'm sitting here very pleased with myself, thank you very much.






Comments

Anonymous said…
So you spend more for napkins than you do for pants??? Interesting!
...okay yes, they both were awesome deals=:)

~Denise

Popular Posts