Monday, December 01, 2008

IT COULDN'T BE MORE RANDOM

I use cloth napkins.

On the surface, this little tidbit of information has done nothing to help you further this day along any faster. However, there is a point, and I do plan on getting to it shortly.

I use cloth napkins for a simple reason. I can't recycle paper ones, and I feel like I am better off spending money and water resources laundering cloth napkins than I am filling land fills with paper ones.

So there you have it.

I was in Pier 1 Imports the other day, and while I was wandering about, trying desperately to keep all items in front of my face from blurring horribly with the rest of the world due to the now three-day dizzy spell I seem to be suffering from, I happened upon a basket of cloth napkins.

Yes, a completely benign basket of napkins ... until I spied a tag clipped to a certain funky but cool paisley napkin that read $0.58. I brought said napkin up closer to my face, and realized that, yes, this was not a figment of my hazy mind. Rather, those napkins were, in fact, $0.58 a piece!

Well, I speedily dug through the basket until I'd uncovered eight of all the same variety. The grand total, ladies and gentlemen, $4.64. Yes, that is correct. I said, $4.64.

I'm sitting here very pleased with myself, thank you very much.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you spend more for napkins than you do for pants??? Interesting!
...okay yes, they both were awesome deals=:)

~Denise