POST-CHRISTMAS GLOW

Ahhhh ... it's icy and nasty. That means I'm stuck indoors, and honestly, I can say that I'm totally okay with that. This is the first time, I can honestly say that I'm not suffering from after-Christmas blues. It's been a low-key day of sipping hot coffee or gingerbread tea, reading, blogging, Internet browsing, eating left-overs, and watching my sister bake cookies. It's been thoroughly wonderful in its simplicity. I am, for the first time ever, eagerly looking forward to the New Year and all that it has to offer. I've got a swelling feeling of great anticipation and excitement. I can't wait!! 2009 ... bring it on!!!

Part of the whole feeling of peace and calm, I think, is due in part to the fact that I didn't place a lot of expectations on my Christmas season. I just let it happen ... unfold as it wanted. I was just the happy recipient of all that it had to offer. No expectations ... no room for disappointments. It was fantastic. If only I'd purposed to do that years and years ago. How many new years would have started off so differently ...

I was , and continue to be, pleased with the overall affect of "not anticipating" and how wonderful it feels to just live in the moment ... enjoying the happy little moments ...

It had been a New Years Resolution of mine to really live in the moment in 2008, and while, I sometimes lost track of that, for much of this year, it was accomplished. Again, if only I'd understood this beautiful little tidbit in my twenties. Life would have been so much sweeter. Good thing I've got the rest of my life to enjoy the sweetness ...

So, as I bask in the glow of the Christmas spirit and the waning days of 2008, I look forward to the little surprises of 2009.

Merry Christmas, and God bless us everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts