Finding out who your friends are ...

There's a song that came out a few years back by country artist Tracy Lawrence. It was called FINDING OUT WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE.

I've been finding that out recently.

Okay, I won't say I didn't know before this time who my friends are, but it sometimes takes me a while to see who the wolves in sheeps' clothing really are.

This morning, driving to work, I spent a lot of time dwelling on how depraved people really are and how sad that made me. I really have become a jaded, cynical person when it comes to trusting people, and I just hate being that way.

The black cloud followed me into the building, up the stairs, and into my dark classroom. I was really fuming about it, when it dawned on me....

I am blessed with a handful of amazing people that are
  • honest to a fault
  • supportive of me and love me despite my many, many flaws
  • my upstairs people ... my cheerleaders
  • my rocks
  • true friends
  • people that would do anything for me

I've blogged about this before ... as life happens, I have become less and less of a Glass Half Full girl and more and more of a Glass Half Empty girl.

I don't want to be a Glass Half Empty girl, though. So, today, I'm choosing to focus on those folks that would do anything for me!

A portion of the lyrics ...
You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are

Comments

Popular Posts