Last day before Spring Break

Ahhhh!!!

Spring Break ...

Music to my exhausted ears ... currently attached to my exhausted body. It's been a very, very long quarter with very, very few breaks in the midst. No wonder I'm exhausted.

This third quarter is always the longest and the most trying quarter of teaching, not only for the length of time spent teaching .... and not just because the germs that are swirl around places of learning are potent and unconcerned with timelines and schedules ... and not just because this winter has been a bad one, with bitterly cold temperatures and not much of a break between snowy ugliness.

No, this has been a long quarter because I have had a TON of stuff to do, and I just don't feel like I've been very successful or productive with any of it.

Today, at 2:31 p.m., Spring Break begins. Despite the fact that I have to teach two acceleration classes tomorrow and Wednesday, and despite the fact that I have to spend part of my Spring Break at a meeting with other teachers going over a presentation that I feel is lack-luster at best, I am going to revel in the fact that I have a change-up in my daily routine, and boy, do I ever need a change-up!

And yes, the one day I don't have ANYTHING going on this week, it's suppose to be cold and gray and drizzly. That's okay. I will be at home ... I can curl up in a blanket ... and drink coffee ... and watch the Today Show ... and cuddle with my cat, who will, more than likely, have some behavior problems because I'll have been home too much, in her eyes.

Perhaps I will tackle a BIG project like ...
  • "ORGANIZE THE HOME OFFICE AND FIND SOME PLACE FOR ALL THAT MISCELLANEOUS STUFF THAT IS LAYING AROUND EVERYWHERE."

or ...

  • "DO MY TAXES ... ASAP!"

or ...

  • "GET ALL THE WINTER STUFF PUT AWAY AND GET OUT ALL THE SPRING/SUMMER STUFF."

My world is my oyster for the next 20 days, and that, in itself, is worth a bit of celebrating.

Comments

Popular Posts