Having fun

It's been a long time since I've been able to say this ... a very, very, veeeerrrryyyyy long time. However, today, I realized, "HEY! I'm having fun!"

Most folks think that teaching is a cake walk ... what with ALL of our breaks and stuff. I won't get into the reasons why that mindset supremely annoys the crap out of me.

I will say that most times, when a break starts, I'm so physically and mentally worn out, that I'm not sure which end is up (that's a David Murrayism, if you were wondering).

This year has felt sort of like being put through the ringer ... backwards ... during a snow storm ... after you've walked to school ... in bare feet ... in 20 foot snow drifts ... walking backwards ...

Well, you get where I'm going with this. This year has been a helluva year! Period. No. Exclamation point!

To say that I've not had a lot of fun is to utilize the grandest, most supreme understatement of the century.

Really.

Today, I was looking around my room ... watching and listening to learning happening ... hearing laughter ... and conversations about math and reading ... I stopped for a moment and just basked in it all.

It occurred to me -- this is what it's all about. This is FUN. Exclamation point!

Comments

Popular Posts