HMMMM ... THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR

I pile into my truck this morning (another ugly hair knot tied percariously at the nape of my neck) and start the engine.

The news guy on the radio begins a news story on stolen guns in Frankfort. My ears perk up ... as perky as ears can get when one is working on just a mere cup of coffee.

"It would seem," says the news guy, "a shotgun was stolen from a Frankfort City Police cruiser while it was parked out in front of the officer's home on Fiddlesticks Way (name has been changed).

Now, beyond the disturbing fact that someone would actually steal a gun OUT OF A POLICE CRUISER, I can't shake the fact that Fiddlesticks Way sounds familiar to me.

"Why does Fiddlesticks Way sound so familiar to me?"

I keep asking myself this all the way to school ... until, like a ton of bricks (or maybe similar to the sinking feeling the officer felt when he walked outside and noticed his SHOTGUN was missing from his POLICE CRUISER), it occurs to me! FIDDLESTICKS WAY!!!! That's the road I turn on to get to my street!!!!!

Not only did one of my neighbors (or someone connected to them) steal a shotgun -- THEY STOLE A POLICE-ISSUE SHOTGUN!

We're either dealing with the really stupid here ... or the really scary ... either way, my doors and windows will continue to stay locked!

Comments

Popular Posts