MONDAY RANDOM THOUGHTS

I've been a little silent this weekend ... busy, busy, busy, busy! It's amazing I can put a sentence together and make sense ... seriously. But only three more days, and if I can get through today's Rewards Trip to the Lexington Ice Center, then, I'm well on my way to a relaxing vacation in the "frozen tundra."

Random Thought #1 ... I went shopping Saturday in Georgetown, and I thought it would be nice to stop at a favorite coffee shop for their Southern Pecan Coffee (YUMMY!!) and a quick bite to eat. This is what I've decided: It is NEVER good to sit at the bar next to the food preparation area! NEVER! You will never want to eat out again, when you witness the things they do and say.

RT #2 ... Gift bags are beating out wrapping paper, folks. Personally, I think this is a sad thing., but this is what the Wall Street Journal said the other day. Throwing a gift in a gift bag is especially appealing to men, according to the article. They aren't the fussy types. I don't know ... I just like the anticipation of watching someone slowly (or maybe not so slowly) unwrap a gift you spent a lot of time and effort picking out for them. Seems to take some of the fun out of Christmas if you use gift bags exclusively.

RT #3 ... Were you aware that holiday cards can now be sent to your family and friends in the form of DVDs? Instead of the newsy Christmas letters, you can now view soccer games and holiday concerts. Again, call me old fashioned, but I love opening up the mailbox and seeing what sort of Christmas cards are awaiting me ... especially in light of the fact that I've moved away from many of you! Thanks to all who've sent me cards and letters. I've loved reading them all!!!

RT #4 ... Just because a person is born in Michigan, doesn't mean they come out of the womb knowing how to ice skate. As I mentioned while opening my Random Thoughts, today we are taking the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders on a Rewards Trip to the Lexington Ice Center. Everyone has been asking me if I will skate. When I say I don't have the first clue how, they act like I've just spoken in tongues. They're shocked; I mean, I'm a Michigan girl. I should know how to skate, for heaven's sake. My mom gave me a great come-back. It goes something like this, "If you grew up in Kentucky, why can't you make moonshine!?"

Comments

Popular Posts