VARIATIONS ON THE UGLY HAIR KNOT

The Ugly Hair Knot ...

Usually, when I'm stressed and tired and really could care less, I gather my hair into a giant wad of uncombed hair and try to wrestle it into a rubber band for the day. Former co-workers and my family are all very familiar with the hair knot.

I was hoping not to make the good citizens of Kentucky as familiar with it, but, alas, it took exactly three days into the school year before I pulled out the Ugly Hair Knot.

I now have a frightening variation on the hair knot, and I've, sadly, worn them with a great deal of regularity! This new hair creation (I use the term creation loosely) is called the Double Ugly Hair Knot. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I put two knots in my uncombed, usually wet hair, and try to pull it off as some sort of artistic, earthy thing.

Apparently, that is not the look that is being put forth based on the very odd look I got from one of the caferteria ladies this morning.

Oh ... and I wonder why I'm still single ...

Comments

chandra said…
Kate,

keep playing with your hair.... tie it the way u like it best.. who knows soon u will bw setting a trend !!!

come, let me invite you to my site :

chandrasart.blogspot.com

warm wishes

chandra
Megan said…
I like the way you think, Chandra! I'm going to run with that one!

I feel validated. Finally, I'm a trend-setter. :)

Cheers!
Megan :)

Popular Posts