DO YOU REMEMBER DALLAS?

BLOG PREFACE: I forget that there is an age difference between myself and my good buddy Christy. In my mind's eye, I am still 25 years old, so, Christy is, theoretically, older than me. This works for me. Although, I'm not altogether sure how well it works for Christy ...

FAST-FORWARD TO THIS PAST FRIDAY: Christy and I were feeling a little restless. Two single girls on a Friday night ... we needed to find something to do! Okay, yes, perhaps we were a little bit on the prowl.

So, we went to our favorite pizza buffet place, and, I, (speaking completely for myself) ate my weight in pizza. Christy took me to some incredibly ADORABLE neighborhoods in Frankfort that I didn't even know existed! That's a blog for another day, and we then decided to go back to my place and watch a movie.

I let Christy go through my movies and decide which one she wanted to watch.

"I want to watch something funny," Christy said.

"Okay," was my reply. "There are funny ones in there. Just ask me."

"What about SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS? Is that one funny?"

"Yeah, I think it's a cute movie. It stars Jane Powell and Howard Keel. Do you remember Miss Ellie's second husband on Dallas? That's Howard Keel."

Christy sat silently in front of my cabinet, smiling. Finally, she said, "Umm, no I don't remember Dallas. I'm mean, I know who JR Ewing is, but that's about it. Sorry."

I stood there thinking, How can you not remember Dallas?? Then it occured to me ... it's because, in the words of my kind and generous sister, I'm an old fart!

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Okay, I'm in between you and Christy agewise and technically, closer to Christy, and I totally know Dallas. Remember Lucy? I looked a lot like her when I was a little girl! And, of course, we had countless Miss Ellie references!
Megan said…
Oh thank goodness you remember!!! Do you also remember Little House on the Prairie??? Because I wanted to be Laura Ingalls when I grew up!
Elly Gilbert said…
Albert and Laura were my imaginary friends, if that tells you anything...
Megan said…
Elly! I love ya, girl!!! We really need to have coffee at the Coffeetree or wine at Capital Cellars!!
Christy said…
Hey! A few years makes a big difference in terms of bedtime, Elly, especially when you are still in grade school. I feel left out that I missed the whole Dallas thing. If they put it on Nick at Nite I would like to catch up. That is how I watched Laugh In and The Monkeys.
Megan said…
You didn't miss much, Dickey. A lot of big hair and over-acting. Patrick Duffy in wet, tight swim trunks ... Larry Hagman in a 10-gallon hat ... really, not TV's shining moment.

Popular Posts