THE NEW WAY OF DOING THINGS

Women are a catty lot. Really, we are. We are overly sensitive, blow things waaay out of proportion, and can be absolutely hateful to each other with the words we use and actions we create. This is sad, when you think about it, because we've fought so hard to be considered useful in the ranks of a man's society. Not to get all Gloria Steinem on all of you, but we should be supporting each other, right?

Yes, I've fallen into that category more times than I care to imagine.

I have gotten highly offended over silly things said to me, that, really, were nothing more than me reading too much into something ... or perhaps not reading enough into something. I would over-analyze the comment in question ... fret about it for days ... worry if that person was upset with me ... mad at me ... trying to be mean to me ... you name it, I wondered it.

It drove me CRAZY!

Not too long ago, I had a fellow female in the ranks say and do some things that, in the past, I would have immediately "gotten my back up" about.

But I've decided to roll with the punches ... be calm, cool, and collected. I've decided not to stress about the minutiae in my life.

So, I stepped back from the situation. Perhaps she was having a bad day ... a bad week ... a bad year. Perhaps she meant nothing by any of it. Perhaps, I was the one having a bad day. Maybe she just isn't very self-confident, and so her comments were made out lack of confidence. Perhaps I was truly bugging her, and I need to just give her room to breathe. Maybe she just didn't know how to approach me and tell me I'd hurt her somehow. It could have been all of these things or none of these things.

Man! How freeing to just let that go! I suppose, one day, she'll tell me if there was something I've done. Perhaps she won't. Either way, I am letting it slide.

Life is just too short, and I've got so many things I still want to do. Holding a grudge isn't one of them.

I release the grudges ... I let them go ... that's baggage I don't want to carry around with me anymore, thank you very much!

Comments

Popular Posts