KEENELAND RACE TRACK

Trying not to look like they're freezing, but they are!

It was opening day at Keeneland. I, for one, was really excited because I'd never been to an honest to goodness horse race. I'm not counting the harness races at the Calhoun County Fair as real horse races, sorry harness fans.
And they're off!
It would have been a blast, too, had it not been so HORRIBLY cold. From all accounts, sitting in the grandstands at Keeneland is much like sitting in a wind tunnel on good day. I'm not sure about the good day, because we picked the day that it decided to snow ... yes, I said SNOW ... with a capital S ... a capital N ... a capital O ... a capital W. SNOW!!! Needless to say, this particular day was not a good one ... period ... end of story. Sadly, we lasted through two races before we decided it was too cold. The good news is none of us received any sort of frostbite, and I got some good photos in the process.








Comments

Popular Posts