THE BEAUTY THAT IS ME

I talked to my mom last night to fess up to the fact that her little Mother's Day gift hasn't "winged" it's way to her yet. I have managed to forget to run to the post office every single day this week! I'm a terrible daughter.

However, I didn't fess up to everything. I suppose the world wide web is the best venue for such fessing up.

I've had a portion of my mom's gift for a couple of months. It's something that she mentioned she wanted, and while it was nothing HUGE, I was pretty proud of myself for being ahead of the game and purchasing something so far in advance.

And this is where I must admit something to you all now ...

You see, I vividly remember putting the aforementioned items into the clear tub designated for "gifts purchased ahead of time." I went in the tub to retrieve the Mother's Day gifts, and .... THEY WEREN'T THERE!!! GONE! SOMEONE HAS BEEN IN MY HOUSE AND HAS STOLEN MY MOTHER'S DAY GIFT TO MY MOTHER!

I have no other way to explain, because surely I wouldn't have misplaced such items. Really ...

So, mom, part of your gift is winging it's way to Michigan. Part of your gift is ... well, it's somewhere in this townhouse. I might unearth it by your birthday!

It's the thought that counts, right?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! It must be that same "theif" who stole your shoes from the Bennet Street house (only to be found later that evening exactly where "the Mom" said they were!) AND that sweater set fron Booth Drive!!! How did this theiving person find you in Kentucky???!!!
You Know Who I Am

Popular Posts