KNEE UPDATE ... FOR THE THREE PEOPLE THAT CARE

Because I'm on my feet all day, and because I'm up and down stairs all day long (both here and at school), Michael, my physical therapist, suggested I brace the knee. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ....

THE BRACE.

Notice how the knee is just sort of oozing out of the knee hole? Yeah ... Michael the PT said, "you've got a lot of inflammation in there. How long has this been going on?"
OKAY, YES! I'VE WALKED ON IT SINCE OCTOBER!!!


I'm referring to it in all caps because
THE BRACE really should have its own room ... THE BRACE should have its own bed ... THE BRACE should eat its meals with me ... and sip champagne every night. Because that's how much it cost ... it cost about as much as dinner out with a real, live man. I've decided to date my knee brace!

But I've got to say it, Michael the PT is a great guy. I love that he listens to all my random streams of consciousness with patience and a smile on his face, becasue let's face it folks. After I've spent an entire day with 17 fourth graders that "CAN'T WAIT BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT UNTIL SUMMER BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND OH MY GOSH THEIR HEADS ARE ALL GOING TO COLLECTIVELY IMPLODE,"
Michael the PT has the patience of Job. I usually ramble for five minutes about why I like dark chocolate more than milk chocolate before finally getting around to answering the question he's asked ... a question having nothing to do with chocolate, by the way. That's just how tired I am ....

Cindy, my new 4th grade teammate for next year, was feeling my legs at Erin's baby shower the other day (there's a back story there, but I'm too tired to fill in the blanks ... so I'm leaving you to wonder about that one), and she huffed, "You're legs are so smooth. You shaved today."

"Ummm, yeah, listen! I've got to flop that big, flabby hammock on a PT table 3 days out 5, and
Michael the PT has got his hands all over it. There is no way I'm going in there all stubbly and gross!"

"Good point," Cindy replied.

So,
Michael the PT can thank his lucky stars that he doesn't have stubble to contend with. Is it not enough he broke a sweat wrestling THE BRACE on my leg the other day?!?!


Comments

Popular Posts