WHAT CAN I DO TO YOU?

Whenever I call home and my dad answers, he always says, without fail, "Helloooooo Kentucky! What can I do to you?"

I always chuckle and reply, "Well, Papa, you've done so much to me already!"

It's our thing ... it's our bit.

Well, today, dad, I can honestly say, you have indeed DONE too much. Mom .... Dad .... thanks for the DNA ...

I went for my follow-up visit to the allergist, because, apparently the first time around when the nurse was setting my back on fire with every possible allergen known to man, wasn't enough fun. She wanted to do it again.

The final result ....

I'm pretty much allergic to the ENTIRE state of Kentucky. Period. End. of. story.

Dr. G sat there shaking his head, and he's an allergist! It's what he does for a living! It's what he spent like 8 years past college studying for! He gets paid by my insurance company to deal with these sorts of things ... and he acted dumb-founded.

Dude! Have you never shaken the hand of a runny-nosed, snot-filled human bag of allergic DNA?

Well, allow me to introduce myself!

He pulled out a list to give me so I would have it in black and white ... further proof that I need to start living in a plastic bubble.

Each time he circled a new item, he just shook his head.

I'm blessed ... came by it naturally ... Dr. G., if you only knew the allergies that float between the two sets of familial camps. It's a cesspool of petri dish heaven, I'm telling you!

THE LIST
... a thing of beauty ....

cat dander (terribly allergic)
dog dander
house dust/mites
grass pollens
ragweed
cocklebur
chenopodium (commonly known as goosefoots)
kochia (green molly)
marshelder (relative of ragweed)
pigweed (this is an umbrella name for Rose Moss ... ACK!! I LOVE ROSE MOSS!!! Stupid allergies!)
plantain
sheep sorrel
mold and mildew spores (terribly allergic)
alder trees
ash trees
cedar trees
poplar trees
elm trees
hickory trees
birch trees
locust trees
willow trees
oak trees

The good news is that I'm not allergic to sagebrush!

Whew! Now, that's definitely a load off ...




Comments

Popular Posts