RESCUE ME, PLEASE

In honor of some terrific behavior, et., al., almost our entire student body was treated to a hot dog picnic and pool party at one of our local public pools. It is THE event of the year. The kids yap about it for months, whereas we teachers begin to get a feeling of dread and trepidation at that thought of 250 + children in and near water. Just to give you an idea, we are talking about Kindergarten through 6th grade!

Yeah, those of you with kids right now, I know your stomachs are turning! Am I right???

But that's not the point of my blog.

The point of this particular blog was one particular life guard watching over all of our precious commodities in the pool. Cindy and I guessed his age to be about 18 to 20, which automatically puts me in the "dirty old woman" category.

I said to Cindy and Christy, "If I were sixteen, and I'm choosing sixteen, because I could wear a bikini then, but I if I were sixteen, I would totally position my beach chair in such a way that I would be able to watch him all day long."

"Uh-huh," Cindy smiles

"I would slather on sunscreen all provocatively too."

Uh-huh," Cindy smiled.

"I wonder," I said aloud, "if I jump into the pool right now, he'd have to come save me, right?"

Christy and Cindy agreed this would have to occur per his job description.

"Well, I'd totally let him molest me a bit while trying to save me."

"Yeah," Cindy laughed. "That definitely puts you into the dirty old woman category!"


Comments

Popular Posts