ISN'T IT LOVER-LY?

I've just spent a splendidly wonderful day at the Frankfort Home and Garden Tour, and I did it quite by accident!

Huh?


Well, I'd read in the paper the other day that the Garden Club would have vendors at Liberty Hall ... vendors vending ... selling wares. I love to look at wares!! I love dreaming of buying all those wares ... it's a sickness, I know.

And occasionally, I don't pay attention to stuff. I know, you're shocked, but it's true. Sometimes, I don't read all of the fine print ... or the even the bold print. Sometimes, I've just got so much going on upstairs, that I miss some details that, in hindsight, might a tad on the important side.

So it was when I read the little article about the garden vendors. I missed the part about needing a ticket ... and that the ticket cost money ... as in green, paper tender.

So, $15 later, I found myself wandering through historical homes and gardens and just loving the fact that it was a gorgeous day, and I was meeting people I didn't have a clue about prior to my $15 blunder ... and I was seeing places in my new home that, almost two years later, I didn't realize existed.

What a happy, pleasant surprise!

My house didn't get cleaned. No bills were organized. Weeds are still happily growing in my little garden plot out back, but I spent a glorious day being once again thrilled that I stumbled upon my own piece of heaven down here in Central Kentucky.


This is me driving out of my subdivision. I'm such a safe and serious driver -- especially when I'm taking pictures while driving.


A path on the grounds of Liberty Hall. I love this shot of the brick walk-way!


A little shot of sunshine ... a beautiful yellow iris dancing in the wind and sun.


By far, one of my all-time favorite flowers. The daisy ... it can't help but make you happy!


This is my FAVORITE shot of the day ... taken with a sepia tone in the Liberty Hall Gardens. I think I'm going to print this off and hang it with a collection in my house! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the contrasting light and dark of it!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wish I had been there!
Mom
Anonymous said…
Love the hair cut!
Looks like the tour was great fun...gorgeous day too.
~Denise

Popular Posts