A HUNTING WE WILL GO ... PART 2

So, I'm just about an hour away from my very first hunting expedition ever, which actually, I'm slightly excited about ... not because I could witness the death of a living organism, but because I LOVE being out in the woods. I'm sooooo excited about communing with nature. I've got my hiking boots out, and my camo pants are on! I am ready!

Now, I can tell you that friends and family reading this right now have some things going through their minds. Because they don't really have a tangible voice, I thought I would give voice to what I am relatively sure is going through their heads at this precise moment.

MOM: Joe is going to kill her when he realizes she really can't keep her mouth shut. I tried to warn them all. Better stay by the phone so when Erin makes the call, I'm ready. Hope she remembers her poison ivy lotion ...

DAD: Make me proud, Meg, remember what I taught you about looking for signs and walking quietly. Then call me later and tell me all about it.

ANN: You're doing what????? WHY!?

CARRIE: Dude, you are such a dork!

ERIN: YOU ARE A DORK!!! I'm laughing at the fact that you are actually going to go out with Joe while he hunts. What a dork!

DENISE aka NEEN: [after she's finished laughing] Meg, whatever floats your boat, girl. Whatever floats your boat ...your boat is definitely different from the rest of our boats, that's for sure!

Photos to follow, I promise!

And yes, mom, I dug the poison ivy crap out to lather up with before I leave. No repeats of the summer of 2005, thank you very much!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear THAT! (re: poison ivy stuff) And you actually captured pretty much my exact words at about 2:15!! hehehehehe

Mom
Anonymous said…
You are a dork, but we love you anyway. So did you were pink?
Megan said…
I totally wore pink, but it was covered up by all the camo ... :) But Joe let me wear my hat with the pink heart. At one point, he looked over at me, started chuckling, and said, "That's hot." Yeah, I knew I was styling the mesh hood thingy then!

Popular Posts