Spring Break 2013 -- Declutter or Bust

Some people go on exotic vacations for their Spring Break.

Ha!  Not this woman. Oh no!  I organize stuff.

Okay, given the choice, I'd probably like to go on exotic vacations, but since my pocket book doesn't allow for such radical spending, I will have to make my own fun.

It is my goal to systematically go room to room in my house, and clean and organize whatever I can get my hands on.

Well, that or at least until I grow bored of that line of thinking/activity.

I just realized, a few weeks back, as I was anticipating yet another stay-cation, that I have lived in this house for two and a half years, and I have managed to make it a disaster on every single floor/level.  I mean, surface-wise, no one would be the wiser.  However, go to the places that no one can see, and BOY HOWDY!  You will see a complete and total disaster!

Today's goal:  Basement Reorganization/DeClutter and Linen Closet Reorganization and DeClutter.

Both of these areas have become a dumping ground of odds and ends.  It's beyond pitiful, and I just decided that rather than keep all the crap, it was time to get rid of it.

I have FILLED to overflowing my recycling bin.  So much so that I have recycling waiting in the wings for NEXT week because I can't fit another thing in the bin.  That's pitiful, ladies and gentlemen.  In fact, now that I think about it, there might not even be a word to fully describe the pitiful nature of my basement and linen closet.  Hmmm...I will think on it.

The basement is DONE!  Here. I have proof.  See below!

This was the BEFORE.  Yes, before you even point it out, I need to be honest and tell you that I do, in fact, have a ridiculous amount of Christmas tubs. It's true.



I had help.  And by help, I mean, a certain someone that was CONSTANTLY in the way.  


The AFTER ... a corner full of tubs.  

My exercise space.  I can not wait to work without fear of tripping over stuff.  



Comments

Popular Posts