45 MORE TO GO

THE HELP
By Kathryn Stockett

OMG ... what an amazing book! What can I say? IT WAS AMAZING!! It was so amazing, I stayed up until 2 a.m. reading it. It was that good. Can't say that about a lot of the stuff I've read recently.

I must preface this by saying that TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD will always be life-changing for me, but not in all the ways you may think -- but that's a subject for another blog. At any rate, when I say that this book, THE HELP, was in line with TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, you will understand how much I LOVE this book.

I don't want to give away the plot because tipping my hat to even the smallest tidbit of the plot would be ruining it for you. What I will say is that it takes place in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960s, the height of the Civil Rights movement, when it was a dangerous place for anyone questioning the traditions of blacks in subservient roles.

Three women forge a bond through secrecy, and the plot that unfolds is riveting, heartbreaking, touching, and uplifting. You will hang on Stockett's every word. I promise you!

Comments

Micah said…
You've convinced me! I'll be hitting the library this week!
Mom said…
Can't wait! I have it on hold atthe library for me.
Anonymous said…
I love, love, love this book!! I bought it and told my mom, and other family to read it...

NeeCee

Popular Posts