COFFEE, BOB DYLAN, AND SPRING BREAK

I'm reviewing my life in a coffeehouse in the late afternoon on the second week of Spring Break while Bob Dylan blares from the speakers, and I'm sipping Southern Pecan (decaf), and somehow, it feels right ... like this is where I am suppose to be ... this is what I'm suppose to be doing.

It's cold today, so I'm perfectly happy to be inside, happily typing away. Okay, well, maybe not happily. I've been sitting here for the last 45 minutes listening to a girl YAP LOUDLY on her cell phone about a time she's requested off, but has been denied. UGH! She's talking LOUDLY, very, very LOUDLY into the phone. I don't care to hear her conversation ... why isn't she discussing this in her office? Or in her car? Or outside? Anywhere but in this coffeehouse where myself and many others are trying to read and write and type and debrief and relax and NOT hear her yap ... LOUDLY. Did I mention she's talking loudly?!?!?

I got the amazing opportunity to learn/sit at the feet of Silas House on Friday night, while he spoke about his Writer's Toolbox. He's an amazing writer, one of my new favs, and just an all-around cool guy.

Okay, I'm not even going to be upset that I had to pay $10 to park for the workshop and then had to wade through all the little kids wearing Mickey Mouse ears stampeding to Disney on Ice and all the Mary Kay ladies wearing more pink and animal print than I knew was possible to get your hands on (and I LOVE pink) to even get to hear Silas House. Never mind any of that. It was worth it all to go there, soak up all he had to say, and to realize how much of what I do just comes so naturally to me. How intuitively it all happens ... from my fingertips to the virtual paper. I was soooo excited to find that out ... figure it out. He's just lucky I didn't jump up on a table and start in on my happy dance. It was entirely possible.

So much to think about while sipping my Decaf Southern Pecan coffee this afternoon. I feel my life is spread out before me in bright and shining colors, and it feels good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
See a mini break from work does a mind good!!!

That brings up a good question, when is my vacation?!?UGH not until June....

Neecee

Popular Posts