MICHAEL POLLEN DIDN'T KNOW GRANNY

I started reading Michael Pollen's book FOOD RULES today, and I've got to say, I'm liking what I've read so far.

Rule #2, might be a bit difficult to accomplish, though. You see, Rule #2, according to Pollen is Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food.

Mr. Pollen, you didn't know Granny. Granny, the same, small, diminutive little thing that thought it wasn't a good hockey game unless a fight broke out, blood was shed, and someone was sent to the penalty box ... this same woman thought that sugar was at the top of the pyramid, and as such, she should eat the most of it. Toward the end of her life, chocolate-covered graham crackers were king!

So, I'm thinking I might have to go further back than Granny ... say, perhaps, my great, great, great grandmother?

Comments

Popular Posts