A FEW CONCLUSIONS

My sister, Ann, and I went on a tour of a handful of homes during the Grand Tour of Homes this afternoon. They were nice. However, I don't think I'm interested in shelling out the cash they want a person to shell out in order to own one of their monstrosities.

I've come to a few conclusions on this gorgeous, sunny, balmy Sunday evening.

1.) I will never be able to afford a home of my own because I chose a career that would fulfill my soul not my wallet. One would assume that I should be looking to marrying someone with means. However, since the pickings are slim, I suppose I ought to settle in for the long haul of renting.

2.) I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want to slap a $300,000 prince tag on a home, put it on a parade of homes showing it to hundreds of prospective home buyers, with some of the world's shoddiest construction. Do they not think we aren't going to notice that the molding doesn't meet the edge of the wall ... by some 2 inches????? Ummmm ... hello! I may not be able to afford your money pit, but I'm not blind. Also, did you notice that the mirror is hanging crooked? Seriously, it meets the wall on the bottom, but is at least an inch and a half away from the wall on the top! Good friggin' grief!

Comments

Popular Posts