RESENTING HER EXISTENCE

I really hate my cat this morning!

I rolled into my place last night from a very, VERY, VERY late meeting. Okay, maybe it wouldn't have been late if I'd not taken the route via Memphis to the east side of Lexington, but it was late when you have to get up at 5 a.m. the next morning.

I got my coffee maker ready, made my lunch, washed my face, and I think I got my pajamas on, and then I fell into bed. I'm not entirely sure I felt my head hit the pillow.

The alarm went off at 5 a.m., with out fail this morning, **DANG IT,** and Maddie springs from bed like there's no effort involved in getting out of bed. While, I, on the otherhand, literally drag my aching body from the bed as if I've just experienced the world's worst hangover.

I stumble into the bathroom with Maddie prancing around me self-righteously. I take my shower, hoping upon hope that the "Energize" soap I have will do what it promises ... it doesn't. Meanwhile, Maddie continues to do cirlce 8s and 9s and 10s on the bathroom floor, bounding over to the sink when I get out of the shower, and practically pounds her paw on the vanity, waiting for her morning drink from the sink.

I towel off, grab something to throw on, and head for the kitchen, the fastest I've moved all morning at the mere thought of caffeine. I eat breakfast, fighting the urge to fall asleep with my eyes wide open, and finally, after I begin to feel half-human, I drag myself back upstairs to put on my face.

Apparently, the act of dragging myself, has disturbed Miss Thing from a nap, because as I stumble into my room, she jerks her head up from her furry little ball of cat self and gives me the most evil look known to man. "Excuse me! I'm sleeping!" She seems to hiss at me.

I resent her existence, because I know she's home ... right this very minute ... curled up on a warm, cozy, down comforter, snoring soundly! Stupid little beast!

Comments

Popular Posts