YOU KNOW YOU ARE GETTING OLD WHEN

During my travels in Michigan, I've been dying to go to a few old haunts. Items on my "to do list" have included:

**Sweet Seasons Apple Orchard for some homemade doughnuts (check!)
**Addington Hills Cafe (check!)
**Amazing Grace Antiques (check!)
**St. Julian's Wine Tasting (still gotta do)

Today, I went to Amazing Grace Antiques! My mom and I wandered around in there for a while, ooohing and aaahing over all the cool, retro stuff. They really do have neat things.

"Hey Meg! Look at this. Did I finally throw these out or give them to Goodwill?" Mom stood holding a soft, plastic Pillsbury Dough Boy.

"Umm, I think you took them to Goodwill. I know we had two of them."

"That's right. Both you and Ann had one."

"How much is it?"

"Eight dollars."

"Wow," I sighed. "You know you are getting old when you start seeing your childhood toys in antique stores, and they're valuable."

My mom just laughed. No denying the fact that I was getting old ... just laughed, and said, "Yep, I suspect there's a blog about this."

Darn right! I'm not old enough to have stuff in antique malls and shops. That's still for all my grandparents' and parents' old stuff. Certainly nothing I grew up with! I'm not that old ... am I?

Wait a second! Don't answer that!

Comments

Popular Posts