I HATE WHEN I DO THAT

I woke up from a fitful night's sleep at 6:30 a.m. with an absolute feeling of dread. Why dread? I forgot to put my garbage out last night, and I hadn't yet figured out when the garbage guys came to pick it up. There was this nagging thought that I needed to drag my lazy behind out of bed and put it up on the curb right then and there, but I laid in bed for another half hour, until I heard the familiar beep-beep-beep, of a wide load backing up (and not my wide load either).

I ran down the stairs, as best I could when one doesn't sleep, and headed for the door, only to realize that the garbage men were out in front of my townhouse. It was be ridiculous to try to chase them down to get my garbage out. This wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that I'm going to be gone next week during garbage day, and that will mean that nasty stuff stays in my garbage bin two weeks. Yucky poo!

I hate when I do stuff like that. I will remind myself and remind myself and remind myself and write myself a million to do lists, and I STILL manage to forget. And it's not like I have a ton to remember this week, what with it being the first week of my three week fall break. What is my problem?

I suppose it could be worse. Right at this very moment, I neighbor across the road is wrestling with one of Frankfort's finest to try to get his locked car opened.

Comments

Popular Posts