STARTLED BY A PRAYING MANTIS




I was sitting at my computer; Maddie was on the window sill. We were both enjoying a lovely, sunny, somewhat balmy Saturday afternoon when out of nowhere a slow moving praying mantis lit on the screen. It startled both of us, Maddie more so. When she's startled, she lets out this squeak sort of sound coinciding with a spastic jump or jolt, which is what she did, which is what resulted in me being startled. We both sat watching for a bit before Maddie became completely bored with the whole thing and decided to listen in to the conversation of the neighbors outside. She's my neighborhood watch, and, could she talk, she'd gossip like a fiend!

The second photo shows the "man" of the hour just hanging out on the screen. The first one is a photo of Maddie listening in on the conversation below. The third photo is of the praying mantis just to the right of Maddie's right ear. She is already showing signs of boredom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have seen 2 Praying Mantis' this year and they are huge! (By the way, you have the 1st 2 photos switched around.)
Megan said…
Unfortunately, in the layout while I was writing it, the photos were as I wrote them. They must have rearranged themselves when it was published. That's one thing I don't like about blogger.

Yeah, this praying mantis was HUGE!!! The size of Maddie's head and then some!!

Popular Posts